0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Will I hurt my signal if i run it through Behringer Eurodesk SX2442FX?

jeremystout

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SX2442FX/
this very economic brand has everything i am looking for in a mixer at this price. I know its cheap..does it sound that way? what if I feed it tube warmed signals, will it maintain the original quality?
I know you get what you pay for..but it doesn't always work that way:) if it depends on the signal I give it, I get it and I can make it work. if it degrades the signal, or does itsown thing with it...forget it.
Your thoughts my compatriots??
jeremystout
November 22, 2012 @12:13am
michaelhoddy

I'd be buying a used example of something better before I bought a new Behringer of any sort. I just had to use 2442 recently for something. It really didn't sound good- thin and brittle- and then one of the channels quit working.
I mean, the things do pass signal, usually, and they have their uses in that price point. But if you care about sound quality and reliability is in any measure important to you, I'd be looking elsewhere.
November 22, 2012 @04:18am
GraniteRose

^^^ We have a Behringer mixer for our band and I HATE IT. I swear, the the wiring is just so poorly insulated, the feedback it seems to breed is actually happening in the board. (I tried to add a monitor one time, it was pointed away from everything but the drummer, and turned down, and this board was somehow feeding back from the front mics) Even in a cheaper price range, you can do better for the money.
November 28, 2012 @09:43pm
OversizedBass

I use a Behringer board, and I like it just fine. I've run many monitors, guitars, di's and such through it, and I've never had a problem with feedback. Check your monitor placement more carefully, cardioid mics will pick up anything in front of the mic, especially if it's set with a high gain.
January 28, 2013 @09:16pm
TimmyP1955

I think the complaints were owing to operator error.
I'd get a used MixWiz.
February 16, 2013 @06:17pm
perrychilds

I have run several Behringer boards and I think they sound just ok. Moreover, I agree, that a lot of the difficulty with behringer boards come from user error and expecting this 500-dollar board to perform like a 1000-dollar board. Nevertheless, it is worth it to save your money and buy something like the Mixwizard. In my opinion, it is the best board (and best preamp) at its price point. The behringer is cheap and will get the job done, however I think you would be happier saving your money and getting something with superior build quality and superior preamp.
March 15, 2013 @04:35pm