0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Pro Tools 10 and Mountain Lion Upgrade

djmusicman

Hey all,
Currently have imac using snow leopard, protools 10.6.8 with mbox pro - also use a m-audio keystation 49 e.
want to upgrade to mountain lion but need a little guidance. my fear is that i spend 1 day upgrading and one month getting everything working again.
questions are:
1) do i upgrade to mountain lion first then get the free upgrade/update to my protools 10 and mbox or the other way around?
2) if upgrade to mountain lion first, will this mess up my ilock or the permissions to get the free PT update/upgrade?
3) do I also have to update firewire or usb drivers?
4) avid says to uninstall pt 10 and do a complete reinstall with mountain lion and the pt update - really necessary?
5) finally will this affect opening and using files previously created on pt10 with snow leopard (different paths etc).
Any advice or links will help...
djmusicman
November 21, 2012 @07:19pm
Andrew_Malloy

You would want to install the OS update before installing the newest version of Pro tools. Upgrading your OS won't destroy your licenses on the iLok, but you would want to download the newest drivers once you have updated. Also, you will need to install the newest USB drivers for your MBox for it to work properly. All of your sessions should open up without a problem. You may need to relink some data to make it work 100%, but it should be good to go.
November 21, 2012 @07:30pm