0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Protools and a live band set up Help

weezamiah

I have a three piece band< keys,drums,and bass. We play for a choir but i would like to use horns organ and other instruments along with us live. Can this be accomplished with protools or what would be the best option to go..Just looking for a full sound for praise and worship and choir. thx
November 8, 2012 @05:59pm
Andrew_Malloy

Are you wanting to record or mix? If you are recording, then yes. If you are mixing the live music, you need a mixer.
November 8, 2012 @06:05pm
weezamiah

im just trying to figure out how to do all of this. i know im sounding confusing. we have a house mixer that everything is fed to and to internet. im trying to get the full band sound with just us 3 players. Should i seq the other parts in pt then play along with that or is ther another software that is better. i was thinking about mixing down the seq tracks at home then just feeding the output stereo mbox pro to the house mixer on two channels. Or is there a better way. Just needind for live playing but not to record. thx
November 8, 2012 @06:44pm
Andrew_Malloy

Oh, if you are trying to make and use backing tracks, that would work. One thing to think about is being able to follow the backing tracks. Typically, you would want to have an in-ear system and feed one of the outputs into the monitoring for a click track so you can stay in time with the tracks.
November 8, 2012 @07:02pm
weezamiah

thx for info
November 9, 2012 @02:09pm