0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Need recommendations for a workstation

MarkBeauchene

I have had an Alesis QS7 for several years, so my ears are used to high quality sounds. Now I am thinking about buying a workstation, something with great sounds, a basic multi track sequencer, arpegiator(sp), etc. While I work with computers all day long, I don't have the time to study forever just to lay down a couple tracks. Simple to use is what I really need.
The other main factor is cost, I can't afford 2,000 - 4000 dollars.
So let's hear it - what do you like best?
November 5, 2012 @11:14pm
MarkBeauchene

While this thread has been read a number of times there are no replies. Does this mean no one has a solution they like, or I am too cheap and need to go over $2000 to put together a song. Are most of you playing your board and not using the sequencer, etc?
November 7, 2012 @06:29pm
bobbymars

yamaha mox and korg krome would be the top nominees . Check em out . . . . both have their strengths and weaknesses . . .
November 8, 2012 @04:22pm
jeremystout

Cheap, and its got you covered. I hear what you're sayin on your post..this is an all in one.. easy to rap your head around. intuitive as all get out for musicians, not just producers. its not gonna get on the radio, as is...but it will make you feel like it when those moments hit. try it out..ask for Carson at sweetwater, tell him I sent ya. get a pair of nice studio monitors (around 5-600/ pair) and you are in business my friend.
-jeremystout
November 21, 2012 @11:32pm
jeremystout

Cheap, and its got you covered. I hear what you're sayin on your post..this is an all in one.. easy to rap your head around. intuitive as all get out for musicians, not just producers. its not gonna get on the radio, as is...but it will make you feel like it when those moments hit. try it out..ask for Carson at sweetwater, tell him I sent ya. get a pair of nice studio monitors (around 5-600/ pair) and you are in business my friend.
-jeremystout
November 21, 2012 @11:32pm
D.C.Emeritis

I have had an Alesis QS7 for several years, so my ears are used to high quality sounds. Now I am thinking about buying a workstation, something with great sounds, a basic multi track sequencer, arpegiator(sp), etc. While I work with computers all day long, I don't have the time to study forever just to lay down a couple tracks. Simple to use is what I really need.
The other main factor is cost, I can't afford 2,000 - 4000 dollars.
So let's hear it - what do you like best?

korg pa50...$850-$1000.u.s.dollars,good luck
November 23, 2012 @03:04pm