rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

PRS Paul Allender

Dolebludger

Is this guitar strictly a metal guitar, or is it capable of other styles? Does it have battery powered active pups? Does anybody have any comments on it?
October 23, 2012 @04:15am
R Whittington

Is this guitar strictly a metal guitar, or is it capable of other styles? Does it have battery powered active pups? Does anybody have any comments on it?

Hi Dolebludger,
It's not "exclusively" for metal, but well suited for it. I'd say it would be a great choice for most rock applications...but I wouldn't rule it out for any style of music. The EMG pickups are active which means battery powered. Great value! An EMG pickup set installed is easily a couple hundred dollars alone.
October 23, 2012 @01:13pm
Toot

I bought one of these PRS Paul Allender guitars and have used it to play any kind of music. They are active pups but also have splitters on each control knob so you can get any kind of sound you want. The only complaint I had is the tuners. They would not stay in tune for more than 15 minutes so I swapped them out with some Planet Waves self-cutting locking tuners. These tuners are amazing. It only takes me less than 10 minutes to swap out a full set of strings and I don't even need nippers since the tuners have built in trimming cutters. Just put the string in, lock it down and while you are tuning it, the string is automatically cut flush with the peg! I could never get mine trimmed that close to the peg using nippers.
January 23, 2013 @04:51pm
R Whittington

They would not stay in tune for more than 15 minutes so I swapped them out with some Planet Waves self-cutting locking tuners. These tuners are amazing. It only takes me less than 10 minutes to swap out a full set of strings and I don't even need nippers since the tuners have built in trimming cutters. Just put the string in, lock it down and while you are tuning it, the string is automatically cut flush with the peg! I could never get mine trimmed that close to the peg using nippers.

+1 on the Planet Waves Trim-lock tuners! I have a guitar with these tuners on it and they are really good.
January 23, 2013 @04:59pm