0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Gibson Les Paul, Which one to buy?

Paul3500

Hello all, I am new here and looking for some advice.
I am currently in the market to purchase a Gibson Les Paul. This big purchase for me and probably the last guitar I’ll buy. Price range up to $2200.00 I am looking at the Cream Classic Custom, The Traditional and the Standard. I have been able to play the Traditional and Standard locally but no one has the Classic Custom. I like the slim 60's neck and the 57 pick up's so far. Questions, does anyone own a Classic Custom? Do you like it? Any issues with the baked maple fret board? Any other suggestion's before I buy?
Thanks in advance.
Paul
October 14, 2012 @04:16pm
PRSWILL

Very personal question - lots of options and everyone has an opinion. I own a 2007 Les Paul GT ( not Gold Top) - this is a very special instrument built for touring musicians. Coil taps, double truss rod, Locking tuners, locking cord plug, strap locks and circuits to keep the tone from rolling off as you reduce volume. Has an ebony neck too.. I love this thing and looked for years before pulling the trigger on a Paul. The only piece of advice I might give you is to buy a discontinued Paul- there are WAY TOO MANY new Les Pauls out there at very high prices. You can find something like what I scored that will actually rise in value if you look hard.
October 31, 2012 @07:36pm