We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

New computer won't recognize Cubase files

swrdfsh53

Pardon my newbie terminology. Both computers have Cubase5. I copied the cpr track files from the old pc and "wiped" the data from that computer prior to donating it. Tried loading the old track files into Cubase 5 in my new pc and it's not working. Any suggestions? I sure don't want to have to re-do all those tracks!
I read that CPR files don't actually contain audio files for the project and that I also have to transfer all "referenced" files. What does this mean? How do I find these referenced files?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Please talk to me like a four year old.
October 3, 2012 @08:16pm
Dave Burris

If you did not save the entire directories where the project files were stored, your probably out of luck. The audio files are stored individually are referred to in the project file.
October 4, 2012 @12:18am
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!