0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

M-Audio Oxygen-88 - How to set Local Control Off

BPlayer

I have an M-Audio Oxygen-88 and need to set the Local Control to Off. I have looked at the manual and several knowledge bases. I can see what control # it is but have not found a way to change it. All comments appreciated!
October 2, 2012 @12:37pm
Andrew_Malloy

There are no sounds on the Oxygen 88. Therefore, there would not be a control to turn that function off. Why do you need to do this?
October 2, 2012 @02:03pm
BPlayer

Sometimes when triggering drum samples using the keyboard in Superior Drummer or BFD2 the drums sound thin, kind of a hollow weak sound - hard to describe. Yet, when I click a drum from the software with my mouse or play a pattern from the software it sounds great. I friend of mine suggested I try setting the Local Control to off. If it's not needed on this board why would the appendix show that control at number 120 or 122?
October 2, 2012 @06:53pm
Andrew_Malloy

It sounds like there are two notes being triggered, possibly on two channels or the software is seeing it twice. This slight variation in timing is causing phase cancellation. Check the settings on the keyboard and possibly try a factory reset. Make sure that you are only listening on one channel at a time and if your DAW has a detailed view of the MIDI data Event list, look to see what information it is seeing.
October 2, 2012 @07:34pm
BPlayer

Andrew - The factory reset corrected the issue what ever it was. Thanks for your help!
October 2, 2012 @08:14pm