0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Kontakt Komplete Elements Questions

ACB

Is the Samson Carbon 49 MIDI controller keyboard still bundled with Komplete Elements?
I found out that there's a VSL sound set in Komplete Elements. Is this soundset large enough to at least do a passable orchestral rendition?
Thanks!
October 2, 2012 @12:32am
Andrew_Malloy

According to our notes, it is but this is always subject to change. I can tell you that the sounds themselves are very passable for a real orchestra because they are a real orchestra. there are enough articulations to get your point across, but if you are really wanting to get in-depth, you may need to step up to a bigger library like Vienna Special Edition.
October 2, 2012 @02:22pm
ACB

I don't have a DAW at this time. Can you sequence and record audio in Komplete Elements or do you need a seperate DAW?
October 8, 2012 @10:00pm
Andrew_Malloy

You would need a DAW for that. You won't be able to sequence inside of the instruments. There are quite a few interfaces that come with a DAW that would be sufficient. Any of the Yamaha interfaces come with Cubase AI which would work.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Audiogram3/
October 9, 2012 @02:22pm