0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

VERY STRANGE crash problem..

adwel

Before I simply try a reinstall of Pro Tools, I thought it best to see if anyone else has ever even seen OR heard of this problem before.
I can load Pro Tools just fine...but oncethe session is loaded...if I click on a Track in the playlist it will suddenly appear as if im WILDLY moving the scroll wheel on the mouse over and over up and down, scrolling the playlist as such.
What immediately follows is PT crashes and sometimes needs to be restarted (pc) and sometimes not.
Anyone EVER heard of this before?
October 1, 2012 @04:11am
Andrew_Malloy

Trashed preferences and deleted databases yet?
How to delete the Pro Tools Preferences and Databases for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Mac OSX.
October 1, 2012 @01:08pm
adwel

Andrew, thanks for not only offering somehing to go try, but also including a link on how to do that. You have saved us another step of dialogue :)
October 1, 2012 @11:01pm
Andrew_Malloy

i should make this thread a sticky.
October 2, 2012 @02:16pm
adwel

Actually, you should make this a sticky.
I am not 100% confident that trashing the preferences fixed this definitively since I havent been through an entire session of work over say 30 mins or more, but I have not seen the problem occur since using this fix attempt.
Before I could attempt to recreate the problem within seconds by simply clicking on a track and getting the same crash over and over. So far since the trashing of preferences, no lock ups.
I WILL post if this happens again and update this thread. But for all intents and purposes, this has solved the problem and should be noted for any others experiencing similar issues.
Sure as hell beats a re-install :)
THANKS Andrew-Malloy!!!
October 15, 2012 @06:44am