0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

TAPCO USB Interface has become pemanent DEFAULT in "audio output pref."

jaygreen

After upgrading from 10.5.x to 10.6.8, every time I boot up my iMac 2.4 Ghz Inte Core 2 Duo, the System Preferences Sound OUTPUT changes from Internal Speakers to my external mixer (Tapco-Link.usb)!!! HELP!!!!
I've tried permission repairs...dumping caches...
Should I dump and re-install my Link.usb program??
nervous!
-John
September 28, 2012 @07:24pm
jaygreen

I forgot to mention that I bought the Link.usb and Tracktion from Sweetwater in 2007
September 28, 2012 @07:28pm
michaelhoddy

You need to go into Applications-Utilities-AudioMIDI Setup, and change your defaults there. I'm away from my studio computer, but there's a setting where you can change the default I/O used for system audio.
October 4, 2012 @11:05am
jaygreen

You need to go into Applications-Utilities-AudioMIDI Setup, and change your defaults there. I'm away from my studio computer, but there's a setting where you can change the default I/O used for system audio.

The default in AudioMIDI Setup has always been "Internal Speakers". That has never changed.
:-(
I'd appreciate any other suggestions!!
Thanks!!!!!!!!
October 4, 2012 @12:41pm