rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Just starting up home studio and would love mic recommendations

zavi101

I'm just starting up my home studio and would love to get mic reccomendations from everyone.
I wanted to know what mics people use for their drum sets which are quality but affordable. As of right now I've been looking at the Shure DMK5752 Drum Microphone Package. They don't come with overheads and want to know what you might recommend for that. Also, It looks like I would use sm57's for micing up guitar cabs but would love to know any other recommendations and also explanations. Also how do most people record bass? Do people go direct line in or mic up? If you were to mic up what mic do you reccomend? Finally for vocals, What is a great condenser mic which is affordable? Sorry for all the simpleton questions, but I would really appreciate the help to build my first home studio right!
Thanks!
September 14, 2012 @07:08pm
zavi101

I forgot to add that for the condenser mic I was looking at the "Baby Bottle Blue". Any other recommendations?
September 14, 2012 @07:11pm
OversizedBass

Any sort of budget you're working with?
January 28, 2013 @09:23pm
TimmyP1955

If you are not tracking electric guitars and vocals simultaneously, put your vocal mic on the guitar cab, along with your snare or tom mic.
February 16, 2013 @06:11pm