0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

What controls the subwoofers on the mixer board?

Tim7

Hello My name is Tim and I'm a sound tech at my church!
I been operating the sound board for almost ten years now! I'm still learning stuff new everyday!
Our subs on the floor isnt kicking good, We have a Mackie VLZ Pro 32.4 mixer board!
I understand that I cant boost the lows to much due to causing muddy mix. Is there a specific area on the board that controls the subs like a master sub?
Thanks ahead of time!
Blessings Tim
August 13, 2012 @05:02pm
jpleong

It all depends on how it was setup. Sometimes the send to the sub is done from the sound console via the aux sends, Center channel, mono main send, etc... Other times it's at the crossover, if so equipped. You'll have to do some exploring to figure out what was done with your system's wiring.
JP
August 14, 2012 @09:24pm
Tim7

It all depends on how it was setup. Sometimes the send to the sub is done from the sound console via the aux sends, Center channel, mono main send, etc... Other times it's at the crossover, if so equipped. You'll have to do some exploring to figure out what was done with your system's wiring.
JP

Thats what I'm going to do tomorrow, I'm going to explore the wiring between the mixer to the amps under the stage.
Thanks for your response!
Blessings, Tim
August 16, 2012 @11:18pm