0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Creative Station Making A Noise

BPlayer

My CS tower is making a faint noise that comes and goes about every minute or so. Sounds like some type of case vibration or maybe a hard drive. In my words it sounds like a faint humming noise that winds up and winds down every so often. It really hasn't been a problem because I mainly record midi instruments but if tracking vocals in a quiet room it is certainly noticable. I thought about taking the cover off too see if I can isolate a vibration but don't want to void my warranty. The unit is about a year old but has done this for a long time - probably since I got it but never noticed it until a while back. Any suggestions?
August 7, 2012 @01:08pm
Justin

Opening the lid does not void your warranty.
I would check and see if you have dust build up in one of the fans. A blast of canned air can help with that.
If you continue to have issues, you can call our tech support team and they'll help you narrow down where the noise is coming from.
August 7, 2012 @07:21pm
BPlayer

Will do Justin. Thanks!
August 7, 2012 @07:27pm
Justin

If the dust doesn't blow off easily, you can unplug the machine and clean the fan fins and grilles with clean cotton swabs, that's good for getting big dust bunnies out.
August 7, 2012 @09:57pm
BPlayer

This turned out to be only my iLok key vibrating in it's USB port. I removed it, inserted it back in and quiet as a mouse...........
October 1, 2012 @06:07pm