0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale! Ends Today

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Record LIVE tracks from soundboard?

andrewamuller

I am using Logic and I have a Mac Pro right near our soundboard (32 channel analog Allan and Heath) What interface or how do I get more than 8 stinkin tracks live? I want ultimate separation of each track so i guess like 16+ live tracks recording at once. Thanks!
August 6, 2012 @06:15pm
Andrew_Malloy

You can do this using the direct outs on each channel (assuming that your model has them) into something like the Motu 24io.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/24ioCorePCIe/
August 6, 2012 @07:17pm
andrewamuller

That's pretty cool! Thanks.
Yeah I have the outs on the board. Now If I were to use an in ear system (ex hearback, aviom, Powerplay 16) could i use the outs on that (The motu) to put into the distribution module? Or would I go into that from the board first? Basically how would you integrate in ear systems with recording into the computer (with only one set of outs from the board on each channel)
thanks!
Andrew
August 8, 2012 @03:26pm
Andrew_Malloy

You can use the DSP mixer on the interface to route the signal out to feed an IEM. You can even use it as a sub mixer if you wanted to take all of your channels and mix them down to 16 or 8 stems.
August 8, 2012 @03:37pm