rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Moving Remote Override maps to a new computer

savvyjake

I am moving all of my Reason files to a new computer since the old one is dying. Everything is working fine, except...
None of my MIDI override maps are copying with the Reason files. When I open a song on the newer laptop (they're both MacBook Pro) All of the remote override mapping I have set up on my Axiom 49 is gone.
On the new computer, all my songs open up fine, all my Refills, REX loops, wav files, automation, etc. work fine, but none of the override mapping for my Axiom 49 is showing up. I use different controller assignments for every song, and those maps have worked perfectly for a few years on my current laptop, so why are they disappearing when I run the files on a different computer? I'm using the same keyboard/controller.
Reprogramming all those maps - dozens of controller assignments per song, and nearly 50 songs - should not be necessary.
Can anyone help me? Does Reason save the mapping data somewhere? How can I save a song file with the remote override maps embedded?
FYI - I am NOT talking about the MIDI map files that are in the Application Support Library. Those are master maps for a controller and while they can be altered, they cannot be individualized for each song. I never touched them when I originally set the maps up, I just used the Remote Override Editing Mode in Reason. It is the remote override maps that are getting lost in the move.
Thanks to anyone who can help! I'll answer any clarifying questions!
Jacob
MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.8
Reason 4
M-Audio Axiom 49
July 25, 2012 @06:02pm