rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Best amp for Yamaha Motif XS6

cocolia1

Hi friends,
I have two Yamaha keyboards, the CP33 and Motif XS6. I am looking for the best sounding amplifier for my keyboards, it's for use at live stages. One of my friends tell me about the Roland KC models, another friend tell me about the Peavey KB models, another tell me about the PA speakers as the SAMSON AURO D412. Please let me know which of those models or another models give me the best sounding quality and output power for use at stage with my keyboards. My budget is only $400. Thanks...
July 3, 2012 @08:54pm
TimmyP1955

Will this be for you to hear yourself, or for the rest of the band too? Or the audience too?
Get something that you can put on a short stand or you can tilt, so you can hear the highs. Otherwise the folks in the front row will hear a brighter and louder sound than you do.
If just for personal monitoring (everyone else hears you from the monitors and/or PA), get some Grado open-air headphones - you'll hear yourself with optimal fidelity, and you'll still be able to hear what's happening around you.
July 9, 2012 @05:35am