0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
#WinYourWestones

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Help me with right Synth

kyanidis

Hi everyone!
A great guy from Kazakhstan (p.s. NOT Borat :)) choosing out from 4 keyboards: Yamaha Motif XF, Roland Fantom G, Nord Lead (Wave ?), Roland V-synth (GT ?) in order of key requirements:
1. fat sound (pads, different multi-layering timbres, great leads, etc)
2. realistic piano presets
3. great drum kits (mostly for techno sounding)
Generally speaking, I'd like to have most of 70th - 80th sound.
Please give me your thoughts and suggestions! The advice of other boards is of encourage)
Thanks in advance!
June 24, 2012 @03:37pm
Synthologist

Don't forget the Korg M3. Great keyboard for the price with an excellent user interface.
June 25, 2012 @11:30pm
shadowcompany

Don't forget the Korg M3. Great keyboard for the price with an excellent user interface.

This was my thought as well. Would recommend this one or Korg Kronos first and then they Yamaha Motif XS. The Kronos while expensive is an absolutely amazing keyboard and the best all in one IMO.
June 26, 2012 @06:24pm
Synthologist

Yes, if you can afford the Kronos, buy it. It is an amazing workstation... I doubt if you would need anything else.
June 26, 2012 @10:42pm
kyanidis

Hi guys, thanks for your respond, I think I'll get one! i don's see anything competitive, except MOtif XF so far, but anyways KRONOS sounds way better (IMHO).
I need to scrape up some money for this beast!)
So wish me luck!
Kirill
June 29, 2012 @02:21pm
TimmyP1955

How is the used market there? You may be able to save a lot of money getting an earlier model Motif, or ?
July 9, 2012 @05:38am
Synthologist

Looks like we lost the original poster.
:)
July 23, 2012 @02:39pm