0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Am i losing anything (sound quality) with the converters on my Tascam 2488 neo?

rbell1

Just wondering if the converters in my Tascam 2488 neo are up to par. Its a 24 bit digital recorder. Ive spent alot of time and $ buiding up my gear collection and I'm just trying to eliminate any weak links. I have good mics, pres, compressors, cables, instruments, etc... Sounds good to me, especially when tracking with a good pre. Thanx for any help.
June 10, 2012 @10:30pm
Stanley

I ran frequency response / noise tests on my Tascam 2488 neo after returning another brand digital mixer that failed my tests miserable. The Tascam has even response across the audio range 20 Hz - 20KHz with almost immeasurable distortion and no unwanted harmonics.
July 11, 2012 @07:29pm
rbell1

I ran frequency response / noise tests on my Tascam 2488 neo after returning another brand digital mixer that failed my tests miserable. The Tascam has even response across the audio range 20 Hz - 20KHz with almost immeasurable distortion and no unwanted harmonics.

Thanks, Stanley. Just wondering with all the DAW hype if there are any advantages sound-quality-wise over my Tascam. Like I said, the Tascam sounds great to my ears, and you confirmed that its probably something I shouldnt be worried about.
July 16, 2012 @05:10pm