rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Gibson Les Paul Studio question

Manji

Whats the deal with all the different pricings? Are you telling me the exact same guitar is $800 and $1300, just a color difference? Are they otherwise the same electronics/pickups/wood ect.?
June 9, 2012 @05:09pm
R Whittington

Hi Manji,
A few differences here. We'll refer to the $899 model as the Tribute and the $1,399 as the Standard.
Finish: The Tribute model offers a satin nitro cellulose finish which is less time intensive (and less expensive) than the high gloss nitro cellulose finish of the studio Standard.
Electronics: The Standard sports full size humbuckers with push-pull pots for coil tapping, not offered on the tribute model. The Tribute has mini-humbuckers (similar to the Firebird and Les Paul deluxe models from the 60s and 70s) with no coil tapping
Case: Lastly the Standard comes with a hard shell case ($199 value) and the tribute ships with a gig bag.
If you're looking for a great value priced guitar and the points above aren't an issue, the Tribute model would be a fine choice!
June 11, 2012 @12:16pm
TimmyP1955

Given what I've seen and heard, I'd take an Epi LP standard over a Gibson LP Studio. Or go on eBay and get an 80's Burny LP standard copy.
June 25, 2012 @02:38am