0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
#WinYourWestones

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Fantom S88

noisemaker

Anyone have any spec's or info that go beyond the basic descriptions relaeased from NAMM?
Noise
January 31, 2003 @05:52am
Bob

there should be more and more put on our website in the coming weeks. They are supposed to begin shipping very soon
February 20, 2003 @03:59pm
noisemaker

I appreciate your reply. I've got the S88 on order thru Sweetwater. One more question...do pre-orders get priority in shipping once you get the product?
This looks like a killer board. I liked the Fantom but had some issues with the key action and lack of sampling. It appears Roland has addressed quite a few shortcomings of the original Fantom.
Thanks,
Noise
http://mp3.com/noisefuljoy
February 20, 2003 @05:36pm
Bob

yes, they certainly addressed the shortcomings. It's going to be a great keyboard.
pre orders definately take priority. If yours is in already, you'll probably be receiving one from our first shipment.
February 21, 2003 @02:03pm
noisemaker

Bob
I heard on the yahoo Fantom S group that Roland's saying end of April or begining of May to ship S types. Any new info from your end?
March 21, 2003 @06:03am
gsoul

Can the fantom-S do everything the Mpc 2000xl can do?
March 28, 2003 @04:51am
Bob

I got a chance to see the Fantom last week and it is ready. Just waiting for the shipment to hit the US. I would say April (probably end of) would be right on.
The Fantom can pretty much replace the MPC. It's like having two controllers at once, with the MPC like pads and the keyboard.
March 28, 2003 @02:12pm
gsoul

combination of the mpc 2000xl and the triton classic vs fantom-s...which would you recommend?? bob?
March 28, 2003 @08:05pm
Bob

i guess it would depend on what your doing. The triton has some great synth sounds and sounds that fit the hip-hop, r&b, and techno markets really well. MPC is obviously used all over the hip hop and r&b markets. So, I guess if your wanting to produce that music, I'd go with that combo. If your looking for great acoustic sounds but also a keyboard/sampler that is versatile enough to pull in some r&b and hip-hop type production and tracks, the Fantom would be my choice. ;)
Also, the fact that everything is all in one with the Fantom, makes it very nice. You can sync the loops and samples that are used in the mpc pads with the keyboard pads and such with little effort. Having a MPC and Triton midi'd up together would take a bit more work. And who wants to do work when you could be making music. :D
March 28, 2003 @08:12pm
tdm71

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard the demos on-line and they BLOW!!! Check out this link I posted : http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=279625 & http://www.irishacts.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3271
I wish there was an icon showing someone throwing up or hanging themselves LOL!! What an ABSOLUTE embarassment for a $2k-3k keyboard and a keyboard company!! I mean guys WTF would you even bother spending a penny marketing and promoting this keyboard when you put together demo's like that?? You know EVERYONE is dying to hear it and that is the best you can come up with and you created it!! I might not even buy it just on to spite them for this insult!!
Does anyone think of " A Night at The Roxybury" when they hear that first one and Super Mario with that 2nd one??
WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!! Let me know what ya think:))
March 31, 2003 @03:17am
Lambo

I was beginning to think I was the the only one who thought the demos stunk.
April 1, 2003 @12:10am