We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

unable to install Ableton Live Lite 8

jgruber

Has anyone had a problem installing the Ableton Live Lite 8 upgrade. The hard drive in my computer recently crashed and I had to rebuild the drive. I re-installed Windows XP onto the new hard drive and then installed the freebee Ableton Live Lite 6 from the CD that came with the M-Audio sound card that I purchased. Live Lite 6 installed okay, but the Live Lite 8 that I downloaded from the Ableton website won't install and I get the following dialog, "Ableton Live 8 Setup Wizard ended prematurely". Ableton tech support won't help me (probably because I am not a paying customer) and says that my problem is with my OS. It's not my OS, because it is the same OS that was on the other hard drive.
May 31, 2012 @01:25pm
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!