0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

MIDI live

midiextender

Has anybody used Midi over ip or wireless. This seems like it could be a little sketchy for live use but was wondering if anyone has experience with it, as it's fairly new I think. I have been using midi over wired twisted pair cable with verygood results.
May 28, 2012 @07:32am
Andrew_Malloy

Any hardcore gamer can tell you that wireless ethernet can have some nasty lag and jitter. As always, you can try it to see if it works for you.
May 28, 2012 @01:51pm
midiextender

Thanks! That's what I suspected ...definately not something you would want to use in a live situation even if possible.
June 9, 2012 @11:33pm
midiextender

Will stick with wired Midi! What's the longest Midi feed used in most concert situations? One tech explained that he used to run the midi feeds with XLR extensions about 150 ft to trigger samplers off stage. Had there been a product that used the Cat5 Midi back in the day it probably would have been very useful.
June 24, 2012 @04:49am