0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

temporary worship space

crossover

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this question, but I figure someone will offer something. My church has to meet in a long term temporary space and the location of the band area will have to be set basically on the side of the congregation possibly midway back. So, my main question is, should we have speakers set up at the band area pointing out over the congregation or should we go through the front of house speakers where everyone is facing. I'm not sure how much of an issue feedback will be. Our setup isn't ideal (would rather be closer to the front) but it's what we have to work with. Any thoughts?
Thanks
May 25, 2012 @07:21pm
fdew

Feedback might be a problem. It depends on a lot of things. My concern would be that the congratulation will here audio from the side (Drums, Piano, and any other acoustic instrument, and other sounds from "up there" The singers ETC. It will sound odd. I think you need your own speakers for the band, (Or turn the congratulation 90 deg.)
Frank
May 26, 2012 @09:06pm