0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 5

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

noobie help please

moniker

Hi all I am a noobie,
This forum is way over my head but I hope someone will be able to help me out. I have a Yamaha NP11 keyboard that has midi out. I have the cable to convert midi to usb. All I need to do is feed the midi through usb to some software that will allow me to play a couple different pianos and a couple different pipe organs through the computer and out to my audio system. The Yam keyboard does not come with any software and does not have line out. I have the ASIO-4-All drivers to reduce latency and sort of understand VST plugins but do not know what software to use. So my question is: Can you suggest any simple software that will do what I need?
I do not need the complex software that you guys work with. Heck, I don't even know how to play yet. But I do want to learn on a simplified system that still lets me choose from a couple good pianos and a couple good pipe organs.
All suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. If you know of a better forum for me to haunt, please let me know.
Thanks
May 10, 2012 @09:58pm
TimOBrien

If you want to do audio tracks and midi, check out Reaper ($60).
If you want to play/write music notation, Musescore is free.
Both are very competent and pro-quality programs that won't bust the bank.
May 11, 2012 @01:19pm