0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Epiphone ES 339 PRO

dratdog

Just wondering if anyone out there has an Epi ES339 Pro? I am primarily an American Standard Strat player, with smallish hands. My question is, how do the two necks compare? I really want an Epi 339 for tonal differences in live and recording situations. I have seached music stores high and low in my area for a 339 to try out, but no dice. In online specs that I have found, the width at the nuts on both guitars are virtually the same. My concern is the thickness of the 339 neck. Could someone breakout some calipers and take a measurement of the thickness of the 339 neck? I will most likely pull the trigger on one shortly as Sweetwater has them in stock at the present time, but would like to see some better details on the neck.
May 10, 2012 @05:18am
olwude

I haven't measured the neck, but I've played a lot of strats and this Epiphone is easier to play than any of them, especially when it comes to string bending. I bought mine from Sweetwater completely set up and I couldn't be happier. I have the Natural. GREAT guitar.
May 27, 2012 @12:01am