0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Retro AS-1 or Pro-52 Patches

mightypudge

Does anyone know where I can find custom patches for either of these soft synths? My web searches are coming up empty.
August 26, 2001 @01:30am
atma

August 26, 2001 @03:02am
mightypudge

Tried it. Not much available there for these two soft synths. Thanks though!
August 26, 2001 @01:25pm
atma

ya, not much for the as-1, but there's 4 or 5 banks of sounds for the pro-5. that's more sounds to go through than you'd have time in one sitting! it's more fun just to make your own though.. isn't that the point of analog synthesis? :)
August 28, 2001 @06:38am
mightypudge

I've had lots of fun creating some of my own patches, but I am always looking for new patches to use as a starting point. Retro AS-1 is extremely flexible and the possibilities are endless. I've lost days just tinkering with it.
August 28, 2001 @12:32pm
Bob

Charlie Clouser of Nine Inch Nails fame put a few up on his website.
http://www.9inchnails.net/remix-files/retro_vst.htm
Let me know what you think of them?
August 31, 2001 @01:02am
mightypudge

Those files no longer exist on the server. I did a root level check, and there is nothing but mp3's.
Sorry... I'll bet they were good.
August 31, 2001 @01:55am
mightypudge

Hey Bob!! I found the Charlie Clouser Retro AS-1 files. It took some real intense internet searching, but I fianally tracked them down.
I joined the Bitheadz Yahoo e-Group at the following URL:
www.egroups.com/group/Bitheadz
Once I joined the users group, I had access to the "Files" page, and there they were. Someone must have uploaded them a while back. All the searching was worth it. not only are the patches amazing, they're also great starting blocks for new patches.
August 31, 2001 @07:28pm