0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Humbucker options

FOH

Hey Guys, I am planning on re-building an old epiphone les paul for my fathers birthday and am looking for feedback on some humbuckers, he plays a little bit of everything, country, jazz, rock, R&B, blues etc... for electrics he has a strat, tele, and a ibanez or peavey semi-hollow, and im looking to give him a different flavor if possible. I was thinking 57' classics but im curious if anyone has some they prefer or if anyone doesnt like the 57s and why. i appreciate any and all input.
cheers!
April 12, 2012 @07:17pm
R Whittington

57 classics are a great all-round pickup. Plenty of power but they're not a SUPER high gain style pickup so they still clean up real nicely. Good for all styles of music too.
April 12, 2012 @07:19pm
GM Reszel

I agree,,,think the '57's are a great choice. I would avoid high output pups for your dad. The 57's are versatile, clear and will be great.
April 26, 2012 @12:26pm