0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
NAMM Show Report

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Fender Lacks Respect for Guitar Synthersizer Players.

Terry Rodgers

I have been a synth guitar player since the very first years of this tool. But I've always used Epiphones or Squires in which to fix GK pickups into just in case I made a slip with a sharp tool when installing them. I've repeatedly asked Fender to offer an American made Roland Ready Strat but to no avail. They always make a point in advertising American made guitars as something special for the pro player. I genuinely feel that Fender does not respect guitar synthesizer players enough to offer an American made Roland ready Stratocastor. They won't even put out a run of another lower priced issue of another guitar product (just in case the run did not pay for itself). I believe that they look down on synth guitar players as not being "real" guitarist. T. Rodgers, Charleston, SC. (A player of 40 years who's first studied synthesizer in a major college music department where we utilized the then state-of-the-art ARP 2600's and made "real" tape loops.) Enough Said!
April 1, 2012 @04:47am
michaelhoddy

It has absolutely nothing to do with respect. It has everything to do with money. Given the rather small number of players who still use guitar synths, there's little doubt that it would cost Fender far more to set up a production run of these guitars than they would ever make back from it from potential buyers. So that's why it hasn't happened.
April 1, 2012 @11:47am