0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

In-ear monitor transmitter

wesside88

My church is trying to switch to in-ear monitors on a we have to basis. I have been looking at a lot of different setups and while I would say the one that we are looking at isnt the best, it is the best for the amount of money we have to spend. We are looking at the P16i with the P16d because we need up to 10 different monitor mixes and the P16m for the individual mixer. The problem is that the P16i only has 16 input channels and I currently send 23 output channels. I understand that not everything needs to be sent through the monitors but I still need more than 16 inputs. I have multiple vocalists(10) that all have individual channels. They dont all sing at the same time usually a max of 5 at a time but I dont want to have to change out plugs depending on which singers are singing. Any suggestions would be awesome.
March 28, 2012 @01:13am
DAS

This dilemma is not uncommon. Normally people will build a few submixes in their house mixer that can be used to feed the in-ear system. For instance, you can put all of the drums on one channel, or the entire rhythm section on one channel, or you can subgroup certain vocalists together on one channel. without knowing a lot more about your setup and what you're trying to accomplish it's hard to give more specific suggestions, but hopefully you can take these ideas and run with it.
March 28, 2012 @12:36pm