rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Ls9 in mono

Kbraun

just purchased an Ls9. This is my first digital mixer. What do I need to do to set it up for running mono?
March 22, 2012 @04:12am
TimmyP1955

Just assign each channel (or bus, if you are using a bus as a group) to the mono bus. (Select the channel or bus, move the display cursor to the yellow Mono button, and press the physical Enter button.)
You should read the manual two if not three times, and fiddle about with the console, to get a handle on it's features. Then once you know what you want to do and how to do it, initialize the console and start fresh. (Or steal someone's console file, make the changes you want with Studio Manager, and load it into the console. Here's one: http://www.padrick.net/LiveSound/YamahaLS9ConsoleFile.htm )
March 22, 2012 @06:44am
Kbraun

Thanks, have read the manual twice now. Am I still using the stereo master for my mains or why is the mono word used under input channel 32? Do I just assign my stereo master to 1 output then? Also do I switch off the stereo button on each channel?
March 22, 2012 @02:31pm
TimmyP1955

Better read the manual again :-) Certainly there is a LOT of information to take in over just a couple of reads. I'm sure there's still a lot that I don't know (like all the Focus stuff).
When you switch to the Master layer, the CH32 fader becomes the Mono Master fader, just as the channel 1-16 faders become the 16 bus master faders, and the channel 17-24 faders become the 8 Matrix master faders.
March 23, 2012 @03:47am
Kbraun

thanks. i understand
March 23, 2012 @04:19am