0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Fender Strat Standard HSS or Fender Strat Standard HSS with Locking Tremolo?

luisram

i've been playing for 8 years and i don't have a guitar that is actually "mine" the electric guitar i am currently using is a Ibanez Gio which is a replica of the fender strat, i'm worried that the fender hss will have the same lack of quality on the neck, frets and pick ups. I'm also using a old Lyon which feels like its made of better quality. I'm not sure if the standard hss will feel like the low end guitars i have now, or if i should buy the hss with locking tremolo.
March 13, 2012 @03:32am
brandon555

Mexican made strats are nice guitars. Some will even argue that they're as good as the USA models with a few quick upgrades.
I've got two MIM HSS strats and they are great guitars. I put seymour duncan pickups in the bridge to beef up the tone but other than that they are excellent for the money. IMO Charvel makes the best floyd rose style strat but they are a little more pricey than the fenders.
March 30, 2012 @09:36pm
kevininstructor

If open to alternates look at the American Classic Strat with locking tuners, rollers on the nut. This guitar plays extremely well in regards to pickup sound, playability of the fretboard and workmanship.
May 4, 2012 @10:44pm
hytail

Try the American Standard Deluxe HSS. It has good components and construction with a modern c neck.
November 16, 2012 @12:07am