0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale! Ends Today

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Need Advice: I want to record but not sure where to start

BogieMan

Hello, I play guitar and recently moved to a new state and do not know many folks to play with. I play guitar, I have three acoustic and two electric.
I want to be able to lay down a rythem track, then play it back so I can play lead and maybe record that track with the other..
The maybe bass and or vocals...
I used to do this via the computer and software but it was cumbersome I guess is the right word.
I just want something cheap and simple. I am not going to be trying to impress anyone but mostly just want to play some lead to the rythem and I guess get creative.
If you guys can point me in the right direction I would sure apriciate it..
Thanks,
Bogie
March 9, 2012 @08:04pm
rbell1

get a tascam dp 02. awesome little, easy to use digital 8 track recorder.
June 18, 2012 @05:04pm
Motomo

Have you tried Garage Band? I use it to do exactly what you want to do and it's perfect. I bought an Apogee Jam that allows me to plug my guitar directly into my iPad or Mac and record. Works great for practicing leads after recording some chords. You can add drums or other instruments too.
August 29, 2012 @11:32pm
D.C.Emeritis

Hello, I play guitar and recently moved to a new state and do not know many folks to play with. I play guitar, I have three acoustic and two electric.
I want to be able to lay down a rythem track, then play it back so I can play lead and maybe record that track with the other..
The maybe bass and or vocals...
I used to do this via the computer and software but it was cumbersome I guess is the right word.
I just want something cheap and simple. I am not going to be trying to impress anyone but mostly just want to play some lead to the rythem and I guess get creative.
If you guys can point me in the right direction I would sure apriciate it..
Thanks,
Bogie

try to find zoom mrs-4; digital 4 track, in 2003-2004 was $90.00 u.s. new runs on 4 aa batteries or 9 volt power supply has midi out only, internal effects, click,tuner......good luck!
November 28, 2012 @08:11pm