0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

96Khz Digital IO for protools

cdw.lighting

Looking to use a digital console for the io in my studio. I am looking at the Yamaha 01V96i the problem with it is when using 96Khz all possible interface combinations run in double wire mode. This provides only 12 channels of digital io MAX.
I was considering the Tascam DM-4800 with AES/EBU interfaces, but can't find a lot of details in the docs about how they behave at a 96Khz sample rate.
My next thought is to go analog, but it seems that most console manufacturer like to put the direct out PRE-EQ, some have a jumper you have to switch, but I woulnd't want to void any warranties. There is the Toft consoles but these boards are double almost triple the Tascam boards or the 01V96i.
Can someone please demystify 96Khz IO for the Yamaha and Tascam.
Thanks in advance,
Chris Warner
February 28, 2012 @11:25pm
Andrew_Malloy

The first major question is why do you need 96k? I'm not trying to be condescending here at all. What is the main draw to having a digital mixer? Is it the control? Is it the real time mixing aspect?
February 29, 2012 @02:08pm