rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Expression pedal weirdness.... advice? (Not a resistance/range/polarity issue)

enigma_0Z

I have some weirdness going on with my expression pedal and was wondering if someone could help me out a bit...
I have an M-Audio Axiom 49 that I use for live music @ church as well as recording MIDI at home. For it, I also have an M-Audio M-EXP expression pedal to do expression pedal-y things. Recently, however, as I sweep the pedal from low to high and back, it occasionally blips up to full "127" and then back down to where it's supposed to be at. That wouldn't be a problem if I were recording automation data since I can just delete the offending points, but it's a big problem playing live, for instance, I have a nice watery pad sound with a formant "wah" type sound mapped to the expression pad--very soothing, but not so much when it keeps blipping and dripping as the pedal flips out to the top and back down again.
Anyway, I think it's the pedal, but does anyone have good diagnosis advice to help me determine the source of the issue?
February 27, 2012 @08:51pm
TimmyP1955

The pedal's internal potentiometer needs to be cleaned or replaced. Or the cable is bad. Given typical bench rates of $60 to $80 per hour, it's likely cheaper for you to buy a new one.
February 29, 2012 @08:04am