0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Way to rout 4 powered speakers to one power supply?

vandy79

Our school's auditorium has 4 well spaced powered PA speakers. The issue is that they are permanantly mounted on the walls and to turn them on, it takes me walking around the room and turning each one on with a drumstick since they are taller than I can reach.
Long story short, we have a dedicated 4 plug electrical outlet next to each speaker. The problem is that since our building is quite old, there is no way to patch each of these outlets into the same breaker or switch.
I have seen surge protectors that come in kits with wireless remotes. This would allow me to keep the power to the speakers on at all times and simply turn them off by turning off the socket with one remote.
Is this o.k.? Any product suggestions?
February 23, 2012 @05:28am
DAS

Assuming the suppresser you reference has a high enough current rating to support the draw of the speak I think it would work fine. I don't have a better idea.
February 24, 2012 @01:47pm