0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Live Looping Set Up

kpillsbury

I've been playing acoustic guitar for about nine years now and for the past two have been in a professional band that is playing around the state two to three times a week, but between 5 of us and a booking manager, the profit isn't really cutting it, so I've started booking solo shows on the side. Thing is, I hate the thought of going back to just a one-man sound with only rhythm guitar and vocals. I've always loved looping pedals, when they're used right. The layering of sounds is such an exciting thing to see played out live. But I don't know a whole lot about audio gear, and especially not about loop pedals specifically. I've been researching them lately, and I've learned that if I want to loop both guitar and vocals (which would be optimal), I'd need a loop pedal (I'm thinking the Akai Headrush), and then I need something called a splitter...(?) I've looked these up on Sweetwater and obviously a found a few boxes, but none of them seem to have a mic input AND a 1/4" input. The looper itself doesn't really confuse me. But I know I'll need the splitter in order to be able to use it the way I want to, and I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Can someone please help me out here? Would I need anything else for this set up?
February 6, 2012 @06:46am
R Whittington

Interesting concept. I've never had anyone interested in looping vocals live..but I think it's do-able. The Boss RC300:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RC300/
has mic inputs and instrument inputs..you'd need a simple splitter:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SplitComPro/
to tap your vocal mic. The RC300 loops from all sources simultaneously with input level control so this should really give you what you're after!
February 6, 2012 @04:24pm
jamaltas

While I don't have much to add since R Whittington suggested the best bang for buck product to do this I'd just like to mention I've seen several artists do this live recently and it sounds great! Mostly bluegrass bands but obviously any genre is capable and can make it work! Good luck!
www.looppedal.org
February 14, 2013 @07:01pm