0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 4

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Need help on allen & heath gl2400 mixer!

Kots

I want to hook up a Teac 80-8/8 track analog recorder to my GL2400.
I need to take the 24 channels and mix it to 8 separate inputs,for the Teac.
I believe I can use the Matrix and AUX for this. Since they can be used for monitor mixes.
Am I correct in believing this can work? If not. Any Ideas on how I can hook it up,with instructions?
Thanks,
Bonkersproductions@yahoo.com.
January 26, 2012 @05:48pm
jpleong

That'll work but not ideally. I would use the group/buss/submix plus the LR mix. That's six individual outputs for six tracks reserving the last two for bouncing or effects or whatever.
JP
January 26, 2012 @06:25pm
eRoland

You can use Aux sends for two extra outs.
On each input channel there are buttons next to your fader that have l/r 1/2 3/4 next to them. If you push 1/2 and pan the channel to all the way left and that will send to sub (red fader)1 and panned full right will send it to sub gruop 2. The 3/4 will send panned left to sub 3 and panned right to sub fader 4. some channels can be sent to l/r and panned left to left main fader and right to right main fader. The outputs should match on back. then use the aux sends of your choice for others. The subs will give you 4 and l/r mains give 2 and auxs two. the matrix will not do you any good for eight tracks as it only mixes the sub groups and main l/r to 4 out puts, it will send the same thing as you red and yellow faders. Make sure that the buttons above the red faders that say sub to l/r are not pushed so that each red fdaer will only feed the out put one the back that matches it number.
January 28, 2012 @06:09am
Dave Burris

Setup the AUX as post-fader, unassign the channel strips used for AUX from the groups and mains, adjust your AUX sends to control the maximum levels and use the faders to control the AUX sends. If you don't need to treat these AUX as groups, you can just use the channel outs for some of the mono channels.
January 28, 2012 @05:33pm
GraniteRose

If that's a little muddy, I'd refer to the manual. I find the Allen and Heath GL series manuals to all be very clear and helpful in terms of how to APPLY features of the board, like the matrix.
November 28, 2012 @09:58pm
TimmyP1955

Matrix are fed by Groups. So just feed the four groups to the recorder, and then use four auxes.
Had an 80-8 back in the day. Had a bad bass bump that the dbx made worse. The outer tracks deteriorated with every play. Not a great machine.
December 1, 2012 @08:12am