0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Budget Interface Recommendations

tracer03

Okay, I'm tired of lugging my recording pc and sundry gear back and forth between my house and the (drummer's) rehearsal/recording house. That, and the fact that I have a few bucks squirreled away....
Background:
Home PC is a Quad-core, maxed RAM, Firewire and USB 2.0, etc. - so no system limitation.
Recording PC is a P4, also FW and USB 2.0.
Currently using a Presonus FP10 at aforementioned rehearsal house.
DAW: Reaper
Signal/fx: Sans Amp Para Driver + fx
Difficulty: ~$100 (or less, if possible - realistically, $140).
I have my eye on a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, or a Presonus (since I'm familiar with the gear). I've heard great things about the new Scarlett, but I'm also familiar with Presonus gear.
I'm looking for something small I can hook up to the home PC when the mood strikes, or if I want to layer parts at home. Just looking for something with 2in, 'decent' pres and recording quality.
Thoughts? Any other suggestions (about the gear, that is...)?
Help of any kind is welcomed - thanks in advance.
January 24, 2012 @08:57pm
Andrew_Malloy

Nothing at all wrong with the Scarlett 2i2. I would say if you are going with Presonus, move up to the Audiobox 22 and NOT the Audiobox USB.
January 24, 2012 @09:37pm