rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

I need a sequencer for a Proteus 1 XR in 2012!!

pragmatist38

I am having difficulty identifying a software sequencer that is available noow to run a Proteus 1XR. It's 16 bit, but I can control it with Midi Quest 10 XL on a laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. The problem is the sequencer. I know earlier versions of Vision and Cakewalk can do it, but don't know where I can find obsolete software with licenses intact. That leaves what's currently available, and I have no way of knowing what can work without other's experience or trying it myself, an expensive proposition. I have downloaded free sample of Ableton Live 8 and it is SO much more than I need, but it doesn't list the Proteus as an external instrument. Please help!
January 19, 2012 @10:40pm
Andrew_Malloy

Sonar X1 Essential will give you access to nearly every parameter you will need to have through MIDI. It is going to be quite a handful as there is a ton of ways to get in over your head, but once you learn the software it is great.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SONARX1Ess/
January 19, 2012 @10:47pm
pragmatist38

I am running the Proteus off Midi Quest 10 XL, which staes that the MIDI messages any synth can receive differ from machine to machine. Is there a wa y to select the external instrument your sending to to have Sonar send the right protocol, or do you have to micromanage the programming of the whole thing?
January 23, 2012 @10:33pm
Andrew_Malloy

Yes, you can select the MIDI port and channel you would like to send. The MIDI messages are different in only a few ways, most of them being noted in the manual. Otherwise most follow the MIDI spec very closely.
January 23, 2012 @10:36pm