We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Help deciding on PA Speakers

jwbehm

I have been given $700-$900 to buy two PA speakers for a fraternity house. My plan is to put them on some sort of roller together so that it can be brought to different areas of the house. The only real connection that I need is a 3.5mm plug for an Ipod. My problem is that there are SO damn many options and I am relatively new to this. Does anyone have any suggestions or anything that would get me started?
Thanks ahead
Jordan
January 17, 2012 @08:20pm
eRoland

Try 2 of these Peavey PV115D with a berhringer 102 mixer. You will need 2 30 mic cords to rig it up and 2 speaker stands.
February 9, 2012 @08:39pm
jpleong

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StagePas500/
Solutions like this Yamaha Stagepas are the best for groups who don't have someone "professional" in their ranks to run things. JBL and Fender have similar products but I have a lot of experience using this Yamaha system and it's quite good for the money.
JP
February 9, 2012 @08:55pm
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!