0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Fender Tube amp

Irvin72

I'm ready to move to a tube amp. I want something that will not be tempermental and I will able to get the right tone from the beginning. I've been told that a Blues Jr. is great amp but in doing reasearch, I see that many people aren't satisfied unless mods are done. Do you need this done? Also I've heard that I should go instead to a Hot Rod Deluxe. I want to get the right amp from the start. Suggestions?
December 26, 2011 @06:44pm
michaelhoddy

How loud do you need it to go?
Also, with the Blues Jr, either getting the honeytone Fender stock version with the Celestion Greenback in it already, or swapping out the stock Eminence speaker for something better makes a pretty huge difference and doesn't cost too much to do.
December 26, 2011 @10:27pm
PRSWILL

I own a hot rod deluxe and it's killer. plenty of power and great tone.
December 30, 2011 @05:30pm
Irvin72

How loud do you need it to go?
Also, with the Blues Jr, either getting the honeytone Fender stock version with the Celestion Greenback in it already, or swapping out the stock Eminence speaker for something better makes a pretty huge difference and doesn't cost too much to do.

Don't need it to be too loud but I don't want it to break up too early when the volume starts going up.
January 2, 2012 @07:38pm
Bluesman48

Put your favorite guitar in it's case, get in your car, drive to the nearest music dealer that sells Fender amps, get out of your car, grab your guitar, go into the store, plug into the Fender amp of your choosing, listen with your ears, buy the amp that sounds the best to you.
January 8, 2012 @11:07pm
jmfproductions1

Honestly, peavey classic 30 is a fantastic amp. It is plenty loud has a great tube distortion when turned way up but is perfectly clean up to about 6 or 7 on the volume. Plus it won't destroy your pocketbook.
January 9, 2012 @10:37pm
jmfproductions1

If clean clean is what you want, fender twin reverb is the way to go. LOUD and CLEAN!
January 9, 2012 @10:39pm
jmfproductions1

Another thing..... Amp mods can drive you crazy! I would recommend finding an amp you like as is and sticking with it. I have run myself in circles many times trying to get the perfect tone.
January 9, 2012 @10:43pm