0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Newbie. NEEDS HELP!!!!!!

Tdragon812

Hello to everyone. This is my first post and just wanted some advice. I just bought the Imac 27 inch and I want to put together a apogee based studio. I'm a vocalist but i want to be able to play drums, keyboards and guitar with the equipment I choose. what I wanted to know is what equipment is needed for my studio venture. I know what condenser mic I want but need advice on everything that is mandatory for me to produce great quality recordings in my studio. No budget as of now, just want the best sound i can get from home using logic pro and apogee gear, oh and Euphonix. So any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanx
December 18, 2011 @07:19am
kev6string

I am guessing by your post that you intend on recording at least some live instruments into your system...any good "lightpipe" optical out multi channel preamps would be a great way to do it. i really like the Focusrite stuff...take a look at the multi channel preamps from them "Opto pre mkII and Opto pre mkII Dynamic ... a pair of those and wahlaaaaaaa 16 channels of xlr and balanced TRS inputs...the dynamic has compression pads great for tracking live drums then mix and EQ as needed in your DAW of choice for tracking...good luck
February 27, 2012 @09:56am