0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 4

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

PRS Tremonti or Gibson Alex Lifeson

kanki6315

I've been looking at buying a new guitar. I bought a schecter synyster last year and wanted to get a single cut guitar. I've been looking at both the prs tremonti and the gibson alex lifeson. They both have floating trems but the gibson has a piezo but is 1k more.
Any recommendations?
December 14, 2011 @12:35pm
PRSWILL

First of all- WELL DONE- These are both really great guitars. The Alex Lifeson has a number of unique features on it. The Tremonti is a great guitar as well, and as a PRS fan ( I have a Custom 22) I'd say you can't go wrong with either. NOW- with that said, I think the Alex Lifeson is going to retain it's value- its a fairly limited run guitar- which should help and the tonal fexibility is awesome. so if money's not an issue- I'd do the AL.
Have fun- this is what my son would call a "first-world problem". I'd call it a win-win 'cause you really can't go wrong.
December 30, 2011 @05:25pm