0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Audiophile sound card with front bay??

dementior

Hi everyone!
Ive been searching for an audiophile sound card that comes with a front bay (to use one of the free 3.5 bays) and I am not able to find any... So I decided to ask for help.
Ive taken a look at models from m-audio, focusrite, presonus...
The price range: 150-300 $
Any suggestions?
thanks in advance
December 8, 2011 @08:28pm
Justin

I'm not aware of any pro or prosumer level interfaces with this feature.
Most either have a desktop breakout box, a rackmount box, or are USB based external boxes to begin with.
There are some modular bay systems where you might be able to roll your own...but it might not be elegant.
Creative Labs used to have an X-fi or Audigy that shipped with a 5.25" bay with headphone jacks and volume knobs.
December 8, 2011 @11:04pm
dementior

thanks for the response!
actually when i said 3.5 i meant 5.25... the thing is ive got 3 bays unoccupied and it would be much more convenient to have one of them used for a sound card rather than a separate usb or firewire box...
i saw that audigy had some models at least in the past but im looking for a better audio quality than creative
December 12, 2011 @07:48pm
Justin

I've seen these before, but it's not something we've ever sold or tech supported here. I don't know how well it works.
http://www.frontx.com/
December 12, 2011 @09:31pm
dementior

i will take a look thanks for the info!
but it doesnt seem to profesional hehe
cheers!
December 18, 2011 @09:23pm