rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

jam sessions

nick13

a few guys from my town just asked me if i'd wanna jam with them sometime and maybe join their band. now normally this would be great, but the problem is im only 13 and they're in there late 20's/early 30's. i know it'd be a lot of fun to jam with older people and gain some experience, but i'm kinda nervous as to what they'll think of my guitar playing. any advice?
November 27, 2011 @07:01pm
TimOBrien

I know 7-to-10-year-olds who can outplay pros.
Why are your knees knocking? Just do it.
The worst that can happen is you'll walk away.
November 27, 2011 @08:16pm
nick13

alright thanks man,
i've been playing for about 8 years and i'd say i'm pretty good. just not sure what they'll think that's all
November 27, 2011 @09:18pm
Last Call

Don't look at it like any kind of trial or competition. We all have been at one stage or another with our playing. If they are true musicians they know this. Apparently they already think well enough of you to ask you to join the band.
Don't try to prove that you are good enough. Relax, do your thing and most importatnly, play WITH the band. A well played hot lick isn't so hot when played at the wrong time.
Good luck and have fun!
November 30, 2011 @02:20am
burletue

Just wanted you to know that Sweetwater has a jam night second and fourth Tuesday from 5-7. All different ages and styles. Bring the guys !
September 5, 2012 @07:28pm