0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 4

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Not Too Happy With My Decision!!!

1LErikC1

I do everything from start to finish on my old Roland VS1680. It works for me and it has never failed me in any way. That is until I realized not backing up regularly is a very bad habit of mine and if you know anything about these VS' you know its a B to back up. I mostly use a Supernova II and Microkorg for synth tracks and use my MPC 1000 to sequence my drums on the fly and build as I go along. I usually finish my stuff, record it to cassette tape (yes cassette tape) then burn that into CD, Convert to MP3 and back it up on usb flash drives. I recently had to share my studio space so I've been selling all my hardware and started getting into recording in the box. I was advised to get Studio One Artist to start. Not trying to bash the product or the guy who sold it to me, I don't know enough to do that yet but why the hell is there not a sequencer built in? I'm a keyboardist not a drummer and I NEED to program drums like I do on my MPC. Can Anybody out there help with this, maybe suggest another DAW that fits into how I work. Sorry for the novel but thank you for your help.
November 26, 2011 @07:58pm
xleggs

In my experience, these people are knowledgeable and will take time with a customer.
December 6, 2011 @06:08pm