0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Cakewalk UMC-1 Midi Interface Windows Driver Info

BluegrassPicker

I received the Cakewalk UMC-1 MIDI interface from Sweetwater and found that there were no drivers included. Both my Win 7 and Win XP computers choked upon installing the device.
I searched Cakewalk's website and the web for UMC-1 MIDI-IF drivers with no success, and the interface is not listed at all on Cakewalk's website.
I was preparing to return the item, but after much searching, I found two ways to successfully install the interface.
One way is to switch the advanced mode OFF on the interface. Windows then will recognize the device as generic.
The other way (and best) is to obtain Windows drivers for all versions including x64 by downloading and installing the drivers for the Cakewalk "USB Music Pack" from their website. The USB Music Pack apparently contains the UMC-1 interface.
LINK to driver download
Now I just have to figure out how to get my Alesis HR-16 drum machine to be controlled by Band-In-A-Box using this interface.......
Sweetwater is a great company to do business with, and I'm providing this information hoping it will help them in their support efforts when other buyers of this device try to install it on their computers and in the hopes that this info helps other users out.
BluegrassPicker
November 26, 2011 @06:33pm