0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

PRS Custom 24 vs. Parker PDF80

SomgDuck

I am getting my 1st electric since 1970's. I have small hands & need a light weight guitar with a thin neck for playability. My sales engineer at SW reccommend the above 2 guitars. I played both (and the Gibson SG 60's reissue).
My engineer was right, the Paul Reed Smith & Parker were much easier for me to play. I liked the look of the PRS, although it is less expensive than the Parker, they both sounded pretty good.
My sound preference is for a clean, warmer sound - not into heavy metal shredding music. I intend to use it mostly for recording in my home studio. Does anyone have experience or opinions on which is the better guitar? I would really appreciate any advice.
November 22, 2011 @06:47pm
R Whittington

Hi SomgDuck,
"what's better" is completely subjective to one's personal taste. But...which PRS model and which Parker model are you comparing? The only thing that really matters is which one suits YOU best. No matter what anyone else tells you.
November 22, 2011 @06:52pm
Big Bottom Willie

For what it's worth, I love my PRS and recommend their guitars to everyone.
No experience with the Parkers, though.
December 8, 2011 @02:14pm
PRSWILL

2x on PRS- can't go wrong- Parkers are nice too... but man are they expensive for what you get.
December 8, 2011 @09:17pm
SomgDuck

For what it's worth, I love my PRS and recommend their guitars to everyone.
No experience with the Parkers, though.

Thanks. Reallly appreciate your recommendation.
December 9, 2011 @07:17am
SomgDuck

2x on PRS- can't go wrong- Parkers are nice too... but man are they expensive for what you get.

It seems like PRS is the way to go. Thanks much.
December 9, 2011 @07:18am
PRSWILL

So?? What did you buy?
February 12, 2012 @11:51pm