0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 4

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Anybody using an iPod Touch or iPad for music?

GabeCarter

Anyone else using an iOS device for music production? I've been using an a M Audio Midi keyboard and a iPod Touch. Just bought SampleTank for iPhone and was blown away! I ordered the iRig Midi too for 48 more sounds too! Can't wait to use this live!
How are you using your iPhone or iPod for music?
October 21, 2011 @12:36am
Gritter

I've recently purchased Progression for the ipad. It's a tab writing app that has a lot of very cool features that help to make the guitar sounds and playback more realistic: bending, sliding, hammering, etc. I love the fact that wherever I may be with my ipad, I can get my ideas down fast. I can compose on the fly and when I get back to my guitar, i can print out the tabs and see how well i can play what I've composed. It's not only an excellent tool for composing but also for practicing my chops.
January 7, 2012 @12:39am
Gritter

I've been improving my guitar skills with Progression for the Ipad. It's very useful for composing and writing tabs. Now if only I can play as well well as I compose on my Ipad! ...but as they say, practice makes perfect.
January 7, 2012 @01:58am
ejbpesca

Yes, during one of my songs, I reach up from my guitar and place a b3 like solo on garageband...it actually sounds real. Good thing I have small fingers. The Ipad and GarageBand has changed everthing for me. My $2500 midi file workstation sits with dust covers on it..idle.
Just did back up tracks for Classical Gas. I now play like Mason Williams with an orchestra behind me...too cool. (The orchestra made that song.)
April 2, 2012 @07:50pm
riftmazefee

Have you checked out the iPad/iPhone TouchOSC app? I think it's about $6 or $7 (USA).
riftmazefee
June 21, 2012 @07:51am
djtymartin

Funny enough I've been using the Reason Rebirth app ($5) for generating beats and very simple arpeggios and i love it... haha, so oldskool but works very well once you get used to the scrolling and zooming headache :P
September 9, 2012 @01:43am